Thursday, June 4, 2015

Building a Foundation: Part 1

[Jesus Christ] has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. -Colossians 1:13-14 (NKJV)

Christian, this is the answer to the question, “why do you follow Jesus Christ?”. He is the only One who has the power to deliver us. We will get to the reasons why He is the only One later this month, but for now, know that Jesus Christ is the One that brought you out from darkness and into His Father’s Kingdom. Not merely into the Kingdom but into it as a Child of God!

His shed blood on the cross was the only acceptable payment; the only way in which we were able to receive forgiveness for our Sin. The belief that this is fact, is foundational as we look toward eternity. It gives us a Hope that those still in darkness do not have and it’s the Hope that we are commanded to take to the people around us and to all the nations.

In all circumstance remember that it’s Jesus Christ we follow. He paid the debt that we could not. His blood is the only avenue into Heaven and He is the only avenue by which we are able to have a relationship with God here and now.

As you move through the days of your life, remember what He did, thank Him continually, and live differently because of what He did for you and all His people.


I end all my quiet time with prayer, so I thought I’d add my prayer to the posts, but I encourage you to talk to Him yourself.

Father, my King, my Redeemer, thank You. May I never lose sight of the significance of what You did for Your people at Calvary. As I grow closer to You, I fall more in love with You and desire to do whatever You’d have me do. Give me the eyes to see, the ears to hear and the heart to follow after You. In Jesus Name, the only Name that matters; Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment