Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Good News

"13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it." - Colossians 2:13-15

We have come to my most favorite telling of the Gospel in all scripture.  Christian- He, the God of all things, Jesus Christ, has made you alive in Him! What better news is there that this?!! But the news goes on, not only has He made you alive, He also erased the record of His children ever having sinned against Him.

By the blood of Jesus Christ, the ultimate Atoning sacrifice, God no longer sees my sins because Christ took them upon Himself, dying the death I deserved, so that I could be called a son of God. On the cross, "He has taken it out of the way" so that nothing stands between my God and me.  I can boldly approach the throne of the Almighty and He calls me son. This was not exclusively done for me, but for any and all who submit to the authority of Christ Jesus; by faith alone, through God's grace alone we are made His children.

This act of reconciling His children back to Himself was not something He did in secret, but rather for all the world to see.  Just as the father of the prodigal son, did not simply welcome his son home in the quiet, but instead held a feast from the overflow of the joy in his heart at his son's return; God showed the world that the final sacrifice had been made, freeing His children from the regulations of the law. (We will talk more about this next week)

Father, this week my prayer is simply Thank You for Your salvation of me. May I never forget what You have done for me; let this knowledge be what drives my actions, attitude and words. In Jesus' precious Name; Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment